The Sidney City Schools JaVA program will be in its initial year in 2021-22. Following the COVID pandemic, Sidney City Schools seeks to provide a safe learning environment for each and every one of our students. While we are firm believers that there are great advantages to learning in a classroom from our skilled professional classroom teachers - we also recognize that individual circumstances may vary. Thus, we've developed a more permanent answer to remote learning to better support our online learners' needs. Please read some details below, then check back as more details are added. Also, feel free to contact us at the information listed at the top of the page.
- JaVA is an online curriculum that meets the academic needs of students in grades K-12.
- JaVA will replace the current online learning academy known as SCOLA for the 2021-22 school year. As such, Mr. Clark will be assisting with the transition of those students currently enrolled in SCOLA.
- JaVA is NOT the same remote learning program that Sidney City Schools has had throughout the 2020-21 school year. There are new staff and expectations. However, it may fit the needs of some students looking for an alternative learning environment. Please navigate the website to learn more.
- A chromebook and/or hotspot can be provided to any student who needs one.
- Students completing this program will receive a Sidney High School Diploma.
- There are attendance expectations that go along with JaVA. While students aren't required to physically come to the school, they are required to log on and participate each day.
- If you're not a Sidney City Schools student but would like to learn more about this program, please use the "Contact Us" tab to reach out.
If you're interested in JaVA for the 2021-22, please CLICK HERE to fill out a quick survey of interest.